ISO 9001: Gold Standard for Quality Products and Services
About ISO 9001:2015
ISO 9001 is a Quality Management System Standard. ISO 9001 ensures that an organization has a Quality Management System in place to ensure customer requirements are met or exceeded, and the desired product/service is provided over the life of the process. ISO 9001 can be used by any type of business from a small business all the way up to an enterprise-level organization.
ISO 9001:2015 is the newest version of the standard, surpassing ISO 9001:2008. The ISO 9001:2015 standard was released in September 2015 to replace ISO 9001:2008. ISO 9001:2015 integrates key business processes like risk management and change into the Quality Management System (a process which was not addressed by ISO 9001:2008).
Which Organizations Can Implement ISO 9001:2015?
ISO 9001 can be used by any sector, including service, engineering, IT, research and development, healthcare organizations, etc. ISO 9001:2015 certification is typically given to an entire organization and not specific business units. ISO 9001 can be used by small/medium-sized businesses all the way up to enterprise-level organizations.
Why does ISO 9001 Certification Matter?
ISO 9001:2015 certification is a sign that your organization’s Quality Management System meets ISO standards, which means you have a solid foundation for creating products or providing services that meet customer requirements. ISO 9001:2015 is important for all organizations because it demonstrates that your Quality Management System is ISO compliant. Certified ISO 9001 companies are typically more profitable than non-certified ISO 9001 companies.
ISO 9001:2015 sets a baseline and ensures that the following aspects of your Quality Management System are addressed:
- Quality Management
- Process Approach
What is ISO 9001 Certification?
ISO 9001 Certification is a declaration that your Quality Management System complies with ISO guidelines. ISO 9001:2015 requires that your business has documented policies and procedures in place to manage quality within your organization. ISO 9001 certification is important because ISO guidelines are worldwide accepted as the benchmark for Quality Management Systems. ISO guidelines are used by many organizations around the world.
How do you Implement ISO 9001?
Companies need to develop processes that meet the customer’s needs and expectations. Companies also need to develop documents that include ISO 9001 requirements. ISO 9001:2015 requires the following:
- A customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
ISO 9001 Certification Process
Companies need to seek ISO 9001 certification from an ISO certification body. ISO certification bodies will validate that an organization’s documentation complies with ISO guidelines. Once all documentation has been reviewed, the ISO certification body will send qualified auditors to conduct external audits of the organization’s quality management system. If there are no non-conformities after the completion of the audits, the certification body will issue the organization an ISO 9001:2015 certificate.
ISO 9001 Training
Companies need ISO 9001 training before implementing a quality management system according to ISO 9001:2015 requirements. ISO 9001 training should be considered for any company that wants to implement ISO guidelines into their workplace and achieve a higher level of quality within their organization. ISO 9001 training is available as in-person workshops, online video conferencing, or self-learning. The following are the main types of ISO 9001 Training:
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor Training: ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor Training is ISO 9001 training for auditors that would like to conduct external audits for organizations. ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training provides participants with the right knowledge and skills to conduct successful ISO 9001 audits. This type of ISO 9001 training helps individuals further their careers in the field of ISO standards.
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditing: ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditing training teaches an employee how to conduct internal audits within their organization so they have a better understanding of ISO 9001. Internal audits must be conducted by organizations prior to obtaining ISO 9001 certification. Therefore, it would be beneficial for organizations to have some of their employees become certified internal auditors.
- ISO 9001 Awareness Training: ISO 9001 Awareness Training provides ISO 9001 information to employees that want to learn more about ISO guidelines. ISO 9001 Awareness Training should be conducted by a trainer with ISO 9001 training experience. This form of ISO 9001 training is necessary before implementing a quality management system according to ISO 9001:2015 standards because employees must be aware and have the knowledge to work in a QMS environment.
Benefits of Implementing ISO 9001:2015
ISO 9001 benefits companies in many ways, including
- Enhanced customer satisfaction
- Improved quality
- Increased use of resources in a more efficient way
- Development and growth of employees in a professional setting.
- Improved communication with customers and suppliers.
- Ensures that processes are in place for the entire life cycle of a product.
ISO 9001:2015 is an ISO standard that provides many benefits to companies throughout the world. ISO 9001 ensures processes are in place for the entire life cycle of a product. ISO 9001 certification provides global recognition to companies that implement ISO guidelines into their workplace and achieve a higher level of quality within their organization. ISO 9001 training is necessary before implementing a quality management system according to ISO standards because employees must be aware and have the knowledge to work in a QMS environment.
For more information on ISO 9001, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just Click here.