About SA 8000
Social Accountability (SA) systems are part of the SA 8000 worldwide labor standard. The SA 8000 standard, which was established in 1997, establishes obligations for businesses in the areas of child labor, forced labor, health and safety, freedom of association, and collective bargaining. Members of the SA 8000 can also get advice on how to develop their capability.
The criteria of ISO standards, as well as the principles of national labor laws, the UN Declaration of Human Rights, and international human rights conventions were used to create this globally recognized standard.
Furthermore, the SA 8000 certification standard addresses the following social challenges in the workplace:
- Child labor
- Compulsory and forced labor
- Safety and health
- Associational liberty
- Discipline procedures
- hours of work
- Management group
Which Organizations Can Obtain SA 8000 Certification?
Those who satisfy the following requirements are eligible to apply for SA 8000 certification:
- Manufacturers and distributors of goods and services
- Companies that provide support services to trade firms, manufacturing plants, and product distribution networks
- Companies that have operations in many countries
- Consultants who can help with SA 8000 implementation.
- Interested government agencies in creating Social Accountability standards for goods and services procurement
- Governmental organizations
The Process of SA 8000 Certification
A firm must achieve all of the following requirements to become an SA 8000 certified organization:
- Child labor should be prohibited.
- Put an end to forced or coerced labor.
- Establish a policy against discrimination in employment and recruitment.
- Establish a grievance system that allows employees to air their issues without fear of retaliation.
- Create a health and safety committee for employees, as well as an administrative framework for the workplace.
- Provide management system and SA 8000 educational programs.
- Operate in accordance with all applicable national legislation.
IAS will examine your SA 8000 paperwork to ensure that it complies with the standards. After that, IAS will perform a series of external audits to ensure that the SA 8000 standards have been successfully implemented into your management system. Once you successfully achieve ISO certification, you can check the status of your certificate by visiting our SA 8000 Certificate Search Page!
Online SA 8000 Certification Audits by IAS
IAS also conducts SA 8000 certification audits through the use of online web testing tools. Going through the online test scenarios for your system documentation, as well as testing all policies and SA 8000 certification process, are among the tasks. After the audit is completed successfully, IAS issues a certificate saying that your company is SA 8000 certified in compliance with a number of standards.
Why Choose IAS to Obtain SA 8000 Certification?
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) develops and publishes SA 8000 standards; however, they do not provide SA 8000 certification. As a result, companies rely on third-party certification bodies like IAS to get SA 8000 accreditation. IAS is a prominent SA 8000 Certification body in Australia, assisting businesses in assuring the effectiveness of their SA 8000 social accountability management systems by performing conformity assessments with qualified specialists and experienced auditors. IAS examines your activities against the criteria of the standard to guarantee that you receive SA 8000 certification in a timely process.
Advantages of SA 8000 Certification
SA 8000 certification establishes standardized criteria for assessing how successfully you implement your social responsibility activities. You may use SA 8000 certification to show your commitment to socially responsible business operations by demonstrating compliance with a globally recognized sustainable development standard that encourages fair labor standards. Some of the numerous benefits of SA 8000 accreditation are as follows:
- SA 8000 Certification improves the company’s image and ensures employee safety.
- Increases credibility by demonstrating that all matters involving employees are handled ethically in the workplace.
- Helps gain a competitive advantage in the global marketplace
- Increases the trust of stakeholders
- Enhances the company’s image
For more information on SA 8000 certification and SA 8000 certification Audit Procedure, please contact us or Visit our SA 8000 Certification frequently asked questions page to learn more.
Also check out our blog on how to get SA 8000 Certification!