GOST-R is a technical document that allows enterprises to sell their products in Russia more easily if they meet Russian safety and quality standards. To put it another way, GOST-R is a certification mark that recognizes items that have been produced under Russian safety requirements.
When exporting products to Russia, obtaining GOST-R Certification is a time and cost-effective solution to clear customs. It expands your company’s sales and earnings by providing new business opportunities. Client confidence in your products is further boosted by GOST-R certification. GOST-R certification is required for more than 70% of all products marketed and used in Russia, according to Russian federal legislation.
Who Can Apply for GOST-R Certification?
Companies wishing to manufacture or sell goods in Russia can obtain GOST-R certification. It is necessary for the company’s product(s) to obtain a GOST-R certificate in order to cross customs and join the Russian business market without difficulties. The following are some of the things that require GOST-R certification:
- Electronic and electrical goods
- Food goods
- Medical equipment
- Chemicals found in the home
- Operating Equipment/Machines
- Materials used in consumer packaging
Advantages of GOST-R Certification
- Products may enter the Russian market without any barriers or restrictions
- Increased access to global markets
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Promotes the image and brand of your firm
- Risks are minimized
- Increase your product’s traceability by using consumer packaging materials
Requirements for GOST-R Certification
The following are the GOST-R certification requirements:
- The Manufacturer’s Name
- The Customs Product Code – This is used to identify the commodity category a product belongs to. This code will also be printed on the certificate, and it must be the same on all of the product’s sheets.
- Description of the Product – A brief description of the product, such as the product brochure, would be sufficient for GOST-R certification.
- Images or Drawings of the Product – While this information isn’t always required, it may assist you in better understanding the product’s genuine purpose and design.
GOST-R Certification Procedure Through IAS
Under GOST-R, IAS can certify a single batch of products or a full series of items. A certificate for a corporation that sells goods in Russia is legalized in the first scenario. If a firm wants to be accredited for the items it creates, our experts issue GOST-R certification for its manufacturing facilities. GOST-R certification is issued based on the findings of product samples being tested in a laboratory. The following are the steps for obtaining GOST-R certification through IAS:
- Complete the product(s) that require GOST-R certification.
- Contact IAS with the completed GOST-R Application form to discuss the details of GOST-R certification.
- Initial documentation is submitted by the manufacturer or trader (based on GOST-R standards, including test certificates)
- Ensure that the documentation meets the GOST-R specifications.
- An audit is performed to ensure that the product meets the GOST-R certification criteria.
- Final documentation must be sent, as well as any further clarifications that may be needed.
- The finished document is evaluated and a suggestion is made.
- The certification of GOST-R compliance will be issued by IAS.
Why Choose IAS for GOST-R Certification?
In Australia, Integrated Assessment Services (IAS) is a globally recognized certified Certification Body that provides product and management system certification. GOST-R Certification is available in Australia as well as other nations across the world. We have two decades of professional expertise auditing and delivering GOST-R Certification and other product and process certifications, having been founded in 2006. IAS provides comprehensive counseling to its clients (organizations/manufacturers) in order to ensure that all essential requirements are met in order to obtain the desired certification.
For more information on GOST-R Certification, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.